After leaving Kenilworth Showground, we headed a couple of hours SW to the Blackbutt Showground.
Arriving At Blackbutt Showground
After arriving we headed to the caretakers van to pay. There you scan in, sanitising hands, take an envelope and fill in your information (name, date, rego etc) This is where you pop your money in before handing it to the caretaker.
We had already found a place to park for the night. That one night turned into two as we wanted to check out the bakery and have a stroll.
Camping at Blackbutt Showground
This is one of the larger showgrounds with lots of well kept grassy areas. Some sites with power some un-powered.
Walking around Blackbutt Showground you’ll see more sites out of the way, across from the oval. I’m not sure if these are powered or not? They caretaker seemed to direct people to available locations.
As this is a large showground, there is room for many rigs of any size. Therefore you can stay hooked up if you want to.
Photo: 360o photo of camping at Blackbutt showground – scroll for full 360o
Toilets and showers are available 24/7. Outside the amenities block are some shelves with DVD’s and a notice board. Good to know the caretaker can clean your roof and solar for you and paint it! At a cost obviously.
The dump point is just outside the showground gates.
Outside The Showground
You don’t have to step foot to far outside of Blackbutt showground to enjoy the town.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail – Have a walk or cycle part of the 161 km trail. Currently the longest rail trail in Australia. Check out the Rail Trail’s website here
Les Muller Park – Electric BBQ’s, picnic benches, playground, water tap, toilets. The skate park is also in this area.
Blackbutt is well known for it’s award winning Bakery. You’ll also find a heap of other note worthy shops a short stroll away. Here’s just a few..
- Blackbutt Bakery – with a heap of sweet treats and pies to choose from
- Op shop – I do love a good op shop. We often drop off our pre-loved items and pick up bits and pieces. Such as warm clothes for Tassy before we went.
- Hardware store
- Funky servo
- Pub – The Radnor Hotel is at the start or end of the street, depending on which way you want to look at it on your way there 😀 This pub also has a window for grabbing a coffee, how goods that!
A Short Drive To:
- Tennis court – 700mtrs away
- Golf club – Just a couple of minute drive away
Location : Blackbutt
- Click for Google map location
- State: QLD
- Pets: Yes
- Camp type : Showground
- Price : $10pp pn Power & Water – I think un-powered is $8pn pp
- Water ? : Yes
- Power ? : Yes
- Will suit: All sized vehicles
- Is it on Wikicamps ?: Yes
- Drive time to nearby shops: 2 minutes walk
- WIFI (tested with boost): Yes
- Amenities : Toilets, showers (Wheelchair accessible)
- Other : Dump point, Walking and cycle tracks near by, walk to shops & skate park as well as park area with BBQ’s and playground. Close to golf and tennis clubs.
You Might Also Like
- 10 Toilet Tips and Tricks for Caravanning and Camping
- Kenilworth Showgrounds – QLD
- Products & Discounts for caravan and camping
- Installing our Caravan Diesel Heater
- Crossing the Nullarbor – Our 7 Camps
- Jayco slide out re syncing
- All Our Showgrounds, Sports and Recreation Camps
- Caravan Security Tips When Free Camping
- Pub Camping Around Australia
- 40 How To Find Work While Traveling Tips
- 10 Free & Cheap Camps – Sunshine Coast
- Over 30 Gift Ideas For Caravanning & Camping