Award winning Hayman is a private Island Resort in the Whitsundays, seeking applicants for a Vehicle Mechanic. Live on island role.
About the Company
Hayman Island Great Barrier Reef is an ultra-luxury private island resort currently undergoing restoration and construction works. Whilst the resort is not open to guests until early-mid 2019, we are seeking engaged and motivated professionals to be a part of our rebuilding and reopening team
About the Role
Looking for an experienced Vehicle Mechanic who wants to be part of a dynamic team looking after the island's utilities. This role ensures all necessary repairs and preventative maintenance are carried out on all vehicles within both the resort, construction and staff village areas
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair and maintain all guest and service vehicles of the resort
- Prepares / Initiates Purchase Request thru the I-Scala System with regards the day to day spares, replacement parts needed to affect any repair & maintenance related tasks for all resort vehicles.
- Coordinates with the Engineering Manager and ensure sufficient tools, spare parts and consumables are readily available on island to do his required task.
- Adhere to the Engineering Department's preventative maintenance strategy by performing all required works at the specified intervals
- Perform any requirements necessary in order to achieve compliance with state and commonwealth legislation, and local council laws
- Assist in any after hour emergencies that may arise
- Performs duties and tasks in accordance with both Hayman and Engineering Department policies and procedures
- Performs all other reasonable duties as may be assigned to him by Engineering Management
- Maintain a high level of workmanship
Skills and Experience
- Automotive Mechanical trade certificate
- Diesel Mechanic preferred
- Queensland General Safety Induction Card (White Card)
- Minimum 2 years post apprenticeship experience
- Current open driver's licence
- Forklift and MR license are desirable
Please note, this position is single status only.
Benefits & Culture
In return for your service and dedication to the resort, we will offer you:
- A competitive base salary
- Great development and career opportunities
- Subsided meals and accommodation
- Staff bar and cafe with free wifi access
- Colleague gym and pool access
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- When are you available to start?
- Do you have a relevant trade certificate?
- Do you have a current car driver's license?
Please note, as we are currently a construction site, we have a very strict drug and alcohol policy in place to ensure a safe work environment for all construction workers and employees on the island.
If you are excited by this unique opportunity and have the desire to grow your professional career, please send a email to [email protected]
(Visited 124 times, 1 visits today)