Hayman Island Great Barrier Reef is an ultra-luxury private island resort currently undergoing restoration and construction works. Whilst the resort is not open to guests until early 2019, we are seeking engaged and motivated professionals to be a part of our rebuilding and reopening team.
Responsible for maintaining gardens and grounds and executing garden construction works including installation of hard landscape projects, reporting to the Landscaping Tradesperson. You will assist all landscaping staff with the tasks and adhere to time frames and deadlines. The role is responsible for all areas of the resort where landscape is involved.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the resorts gardens
- Be competent in herbicide applications to control weed growth.
- Be driven and strive for completion
- Excellent time management skills is a must
- A team player 100% of the time
- Physically fit & can endure the weather conditions
- Aware of compliance and local council laws
- Your skills and experience will include:
- Certificate II or higher in Horticulture is desirable
- General Landscape Skills & Experience
- Time management
- Formal training in any trade related field is desirable
Please note, this position is single status only.
Benefits & Culture
In return for your service and dedication to the resort, we will offer you:
- A competitive base salary
- Great development and career opportunities
- Subsided meals
- Staff bar and cafe with free wifi access
- Colleague gym and pool access
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- When are you available to start?
- Do you have a relevant trade certificate?
- Do you have a current car driver's license?
Please note, as we are currently a construction site, we have a very strict drug and alcohol policy in place to ensure a safe work environment for all construction workers and employees on the island.
If you are excited by this unique opportunity and have the desire to grow your professional career, please submit your Resume to