Rubern Lagoon Koala Tourist Park is a peaceful campsite surrounded by trees and located by a lagoon. Only five minutes from Chinchilla CBD.
Rubern Lagoon Camp
While heading north before Christmas we decided to spend the night here. Any size rig will fit here and they have drive through sites. Tents are also welcome. We were met at the gate by Shelley after giving her a call on arrival, she then showed us to our site.
Shelley showed us to our drive through site which had Rubern lagoon in front of us. In fact all camping spots have lagoon views.
At the time of our stay the lagoon water wasn’t as clear as it could be. In saying that, it’s a lagoon, so it’s going to have it’s good and bad days. I still loved the natural feel of the bush setting. Koalas have been spotted here, unfortunately we didn’t spot any on our one night stay.
Rubern Lagoon Activities
Have a stroll around the campsite and you’ll spot a heap of things to do without leaving the camp.
Kids can have fun on the swings, trampoline and slides. Not forgetting the swing rope in to the lagoon and FREE paddle boats
Adults don’t miss out. FREE paddle boats, canoes, row boats and kayaks are available to use.
Fire pits and BBQ’s are scattered around the lagoon. FREE fire wood is available, some of which they have already chopped up for you.
A toilet and shower block is situated a short walk from your camp. They also have a laundry room if you need it with FREE washer and dryer.
Check out the large 10 meter deck over the water. Have a relax on one of the lounges or have happy hour with your fellow campers overlooking the lagoon.
A couple of other small things I loved about Rubern Lagoon was the carved out wooden seat and stool and the old retro caravan. I’m thinking maybe you can rent this? It looks so cute.
As well as the campsite Rubern Lagoon offers pet sitting, horse riding, Locations for a wedding and B&B accommodation.
- Location : Chinchilla
- Click for Google map location
- State: QLD
- Pets: Yes & Pet sitting
- Camp type : Bush type tourist park – Book through Hipcamp or call Shelley on 0429 1613 43
- Price : 2x people power and water $25pn – Single/Solo person $20 pn power – $15 unpowered (self contained)
- Water ? : Yes
- Power ? : Yes – 24 powered sites
- Will suit: All sized vehicles
- Is it on Wikicamps ?: Yes
- Drive time to nearby shops: 5 minutes into Chinchilla
- WIFI (tested with boost): Yes
- Amenities : Toilets and showers
- Other : FREE washing machine and dryer, FREE fire wood, FREE paddle boats, kayaks, canoe, row boats, Swim, playground, fire pits, bins, picnic tables, large deck over the water, have a walk or a cycle, BBQ’s, horse riding, weddings, B&B
You Might Also Like
- Free Camps Around Australia
- Camps Under $20
- Showgrounds We Have Stopped At. Well most I still have to add some
- Pub Camps We have Stopped At around Australia. Again, most as I still have to add more
- Products & Discounts
- 10 Toilet Tips and Tricks for Caravanning and Camping
- Caravan Security Tips When Free Camping
- Over 30 Gift Ideas For Caravanning & Camping