As we started to travel East we stopped at some rest areas that are also free camps.
We all need to take a break when heading to our destinations and sometimes the rest stop is the destination for the night.
Saddle Creek was our rest stop on the way to Timber Creek which was where we were heading.
Yayy… We had crossed into the Northern Territory … yippee 😀
You could stop for a break or rest for the night as this camp has a lot going for it.
Toilets are always handy as are the undercover seating areas.
Being close to the border, we were offered fruit and veg from a fellow vanners. They were heading through to WA and didn’t want to take it through the checkpoint.
Leaving there goodies for others to take 🙂 We were happy to except some potatoes and veggies.
Saddle Creek Amenities
Saddle Creek Rest Area also has fire-pit BBQ’s, bins and a water tank. It states the water may not be suitable for drinking.
This camp is 68 km from the NT/WA border and is a good place to rest as well as spend the night.
- Location : Baines
- Click for Google map location
- State: Western Australia
- Pets: Yes
- Camp type : Rest area/Free camp
- Price : $0
- Water ? : Yes – but not drinking water
- Power ? : No
- Will suit: All sized vehicles
- Is it on Wikicamps ?: Yes
- Drive time to nearby shops: 1 hour 30 minutes to either Timber Creek Roadhouse NT or Kununurra WA
- Amenities : Toilets
- Other : Undercover seating, fire/bbq pits, some shade, bins
- WIFI & Phone Reception – Tested with Boost Mobile: No reception. Also no reception with Telstra
We use Boost Mobile while travelling around Australia as it has 3G & 4G coverage on the Telstra Mobile network
Save $30 when you spend over $500 on Caravan RV Camping. Use the code “FULLTIME“ at the checkout to receive your discount.